The district executive committee includes the district director, program quality director, club growth director, public relations manager, district administration manager, district finance manager, division directors, area directors and immediate past district director. Apart from these leadership roles, only individuals who are invited by the district director and have specific business before the committee may attend district executive committee meetings.
In order to conduct business at these meetings, a quorum is required. A quorum is established when a majority of district executive committee members attend the meeting. The committee is subject to the direction and approval of the district council.
District Executive Committee Duties:
- Review and approve the District Success Plan.
- Present district budget to the district council for approval.
- Oversee the district’s financial operation.
- Recommend the assignment of clubs to areas and divisions.
- Review recommendations and reports of district committees.
- Assume tasks assigned by the district council.
- Review ethics and conduct issues as needed.
Learn more about District Executive Committee roles.