Toastmasters District 58 is seeking nominations for District Leaders to serve for the upcoming 2021–2022 Toastmasters year.
Are you interested in nominating yourself or another member for a district leader position? The District Leadership Committee (DLC) is looking for you!
Serving in district leadership is yet another valuable opportunity for you to continue your journey of personal growth, while contributing your knowledge and skills in providing positive leadership to the members of District 58.
The following district officers will be determined by election to be conducted during the Annual Conference Business Meeting on May 15, 2021:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Division A-G Directors (7 positions total)
Per Toastmasters International bylaws, members, including current members of the District Executive Committee, may self-nominate for District office, be sought out by the DLC, or be nominated by an individual member.
To be nominated, elected and hold office, a member must meet the following requirements:
- Member in good standing of a Toastmasters District 58 club that is in good standing.
- Meet the qualifications of the position – Click here
- Complete and submit all required documentation.
- Submit a completed Candidate Biography form and high resolution headshot photograph.
Deadline for candidates to declare intent to run and be considered for nomination by the District Leadership Committee (DLC) is February 28, 2021.
To declare your candidacy, you must submit the following forms to the DLC Chairperson:
- Candidate Application – Click here
- District Leader Nominating Form – Click here
- Officer Agreement and Release Statement – Click here
- Submit a completed Candidate Biography form – Click here
- Submit a high resolution headshot photograph
Download, fill out, scan and email all 4 forms and your photograph to the District Leadership Committee (DLC) Chair, Lisa Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
District Candidates may begin campaigning once nomination forms are received by the DLC Chairperson. All Candidates are responsible for following all rules and regulations regarding campaign communications, frequency and practices as documented in Protocol 9.0: District Campaigns and Elections (click here).
The DLC will interview all candidates and the announcement of the DLC nominations will be made here on the district website at least four (4) weeks prior to the election date.
Please submit any questions via email to the DLC Chairperson, Lisa Berry via email@example.com.
Lisa Berry, DTM, IPDD, District Leadership Committee Chair