District 58 Council members, in good standing, who plan to attend this meeting, MUST register by completing the registration form between May 6 and closes on May 13, 2020 at 5:00PM. Registration will be done via Eventbrite and sent to council members on May 6, 2020.
Please read the all the way down through the Credentials / Registration Process at the bottom of this window.
Meeting Time (All times EDT)
- 9:30am EDT – Check in begins
- 10:00am EDT – Call to Order
- 12:00pm EDT – Meeting ends
- Alignment Report Proposal
- District Leadership Committee (DLC) Report
- Finance Manager Report, Audit Committee Report, P&L Report
- Public Relations Manager Report
- Club Growth Director Report
- Program Quality Director Report
- District Director Report
Proposals and motions for “new business” must be sent by council members to the District Director, no later than May 9, 2020. The District Director should be informed of any announcements prior to the start of the meeting. Corrections to any information on the agenda, supporting documents or reports from delegates should be provided to the District Director by May 9, 2020. Per guidance from Toastmasters International, prospective floor candidates must identify themselves and their intent by May 9, 2020 and must have been interviewed by the DLC for the position they are seeking. No nominations will be accepted from the floor.
- Attendance is online only, via Zoom
- Meeting information will be emailed out to those who registered on Friday, May 15, 2020. Again, if a delegate doesn’t register, you cannot attend or vote. Login to the meeting early; delegates must be present for roll call.
Remote Attendance via Zoom
- You can connect via computer, tablet, or phone. Because you may be required to show yourself on camera and speak, if called upon, delegates should download the Zoom application to their computer, tablet or phone.
- To download, go to Zoom.us or use the Apple store or Google Play to download the app. The phone number only option will not be used during this meeting. Exepctions may be made on a case by case basis only.
- All attendees are required to be able to show themselves on camera and be able to speak when/if, called upon.
- Zoom meeting access information will be emailed out to those who registered by May 13, 2020 by 5:00PM.
- If you don’t register, you cannot attend or vote.
Voting and Proxies
- Per Toastmasters International Board of Director guidelines for this online meeting, no proxies will be allowed.
- Each club in good standing has two votes, one for President and one for VP Education(VPE).
Voting During the Meeting
- Votes will be performed using an online tool called ElectionBuddy. You must be able to access your email during the online District Council meeting, as each ballot will be emailed to you from ElectionBuddy during the meeting, and you’ll have a limited amount of time in which to vote.
- When you register, use the email address that you will use on Saturday morning. Ballots will only be sent to the email address you registered with, so be sure it is correct.
- The time period for each vote is 15-minutes. Only those votes collected during the 15-minute time period allotted for each vote, shall be counted. If you do not vote within the allotted time period, your vote will not be counted.
Credentials / Registration Process
We are using Eventbrite to register all delegates and determine the quorum. Determine which of the four scenarios below applies to you and register appropriately. When you click on the REGISTER Button, you’ll see 3 tickets:
- Club Officer #1
- Club Officer #2
- District Officers
Here are the 4 scenarios and how to use these tickets:
Scenario #1 – Each club has two votes, one for President and one for the VPE. If the President and VPE are both attending the meeting, they should both register separately on Eventbrite. They should both fill in Club Officer #1 ticket only. No proxies are permitted.
Scenario #2 – If you are the President AND VPE of your club, register on Eventbrite, filling in Club Officer #1 and Club Officer #2 tickets, using #1 for one office and #2 for the second office.
Scenario #3 – If you are a President or VPE of one club and President or VPE in another club and plan to carry two votes, register on Eventbrite, filling in Club Officer #1 and Club Officer #2 tickets, using #1 for one office and #2 for the second office.
Scenario #4 – If you are a District Officer (an Area Director, Division Director or one of the top six District Officers), you also have a vote. No individual, however, may carry more than 3 votes, no matter how many clubs in which they are an officer. You should only complete the District Officer ticket if you are a District Officer.
A virtual candidate showcase will take place the same day from 8:30 – 9:30 AM EDT. All candidates are invited to participate where they will be asked questions on their qualifications, leadership style and leadership history. All delegates who register for the council meeting will also be sent the Zoom meeting information this showcase.
Douglas Wilson, DTM, PDG is serving as our Credentials Chair, so contact Douglas if you have questions regarding credentials 803-939-5313 or email@example.com .
Have questions about District 58 Council Meeting on May 16, 2020, contact Lisa Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-608-9669.
Due to a lack of district resources, only council members will be invited and allowed to attend these meetings.