Enhance Your Club and Improve Membership
All of the ideas below demonstrate successes of other Toastmasters clubs. Try one or try them all, but never stop trying. Share the experience you had and what brought you to Toastmasters, with potential members and guests. Find out what they need and appeal to how Toastmasters can help them.
Making your club’s web site home page support the mission.
First in a series of podcasts for VP PR and other club officers. In this, we will review how the home page can support the clubs mission–and attract new members.
What feeling does your club’s web site convey?
The feelings are in the photos.
Here are ideas from around the web about events and ideas other clubs are trying.
- Host a workshop focused on developing your prepared and/or impromptu speaking skills
- Personal development event (Open House), featuring prepared speeches from a new and experienced members
- Celebrate your club anniversary with a special event
- At the beginning of the year, host a special officer installation ceremony and celebration
- Host an event for small business owners and demonstrate how joining Toastmasters has helped members to learn more business skills
- Sponsor a Youth Leadership workshop
- Host a workshop on the importance of and how to listen effectively
- …use your imagination and get creative!
For any events, you should be sending out press releases. One way this can be done for your part of the state, is via SCBIZNEWS
Got 30 seconds? That’s enough for an elevator speech.
Like any speech, these should developed by and reflect the speaker. However, here are some guidelines and examples as a starting point.