Speech contests are a Toastmasters tradition. Each year, thousands of Toastmasters compete in the Humorous, Evaluation, Tall Tales, Table Topics®, and International speech contests at the club, area, division and district levels. Toastmasters International has available resources for those competing, organizing, planning, and conducting contests at all levels.
Access Speech Contests Resources online at https://www.toastmasters.org/resources/speech-contests
Resources available on this link include:
- Current Contest Rulebook
- Best Practices for online/hybrid contests
- Looking your best online
- Video recording guidelines
- Speech Contest Tutorials
- When You are a Judge
- Contest Role Overview
Contestants – you want to look your best as you compete. Find out what are the judging criteria as you practice to compete.
Contest Officials, even if you are new to this role, use these resources to perform at the your highest level
Additional Resources for Contests include:
- Speech Contest Materials (to download) materials you need to conduct a speech contest
- Conducting Quality Speech Contests – read the guide to understand the process and resources required to enhance your speech contests
- Speech Contest Certificates – download certificates to recognize participants and contestants in your contests.